DIY: Kitchen Chairs turned to Accent Chairs

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 9.50.43 PM

I recently picked up these free torn chairs near my house and they’ve been sitting in the living room for a while so I finally decided they really needed a NEW look (really new). The wood on these chairs is still in great condition and is actually real wood and really just needed to be repaired. I decided to get the materials together and get started ASAP.

Things I used for the repair:

  • Spray Paint: Rust-oleum in Kona Brown
  • Sanding Sponge
  • Towel
  • Screw Driver
  • Staple Gun
  • Pliers

I started by removing all hardware from the chairs till they looked like this:

IMG_2158

 

Then I wiped down the chair with a little all purpose cleaner and a towel. So next I can get to sanding.

IMG_2152

 

 

 

After the sanding and painting I took advantage of the time I was going to have to wait so I threw the two cushions in the washer and they came out like new!

IMG_2483

I used this adorable fabric to cover the cushions and used a plain white cotton fabric to put as the first layer for a more solid look. I got the fabric at Michaels, and only used one yard for both chairs.

 

Here is the final result of what my new chairs now look like. I totes looooove them!

IMG_2474

And a filtered one just because I love the Chevron.#chevron

IMG_2476

 

 

 

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “DIY: Kitchen Chairs turned to Accent Chairs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s